Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Catching you up on our busy month! Part 1














Will is transforming before our very eyes!!! Is it possible that he can grow so fast and learn so much so quickly???!!! In this picture, he is brushing his giraffe's teeth. He also enjoys putting diapers on his toys. On occasion he will throw a toy into his crib and say, "monkey sleeping." It is so great to watch him learn.

His sentences now have anywhere from 1-6 comprehensible words in them. He amazes me! He can also count to ten, but gets hung up on five usually. When we sing the alphabet song, he can fill in 10-12 letters.

Funny stuff he says and does:

-"Mommy sit down." He says this when he it is time to eat and everyone is waiting on me.

-"I got it." He said this one day when there was a bug in his toy car. He ran inside and got a tissue to kill the bug. Mommy ended up getting the bug!

-He asked for chips the other day without saying please. Wanting him to say please, I said, "What do want me to do with the chips?" I realized after I said it that that was not going to get him to say please. He responded with, "tray." (He wanted me to put them on his tray.)

Other accomplishments and firsts:

-He rode a pony for the first time at the fair a few weeks ago and saw motocross motorcycles jump into the air. (Sorry, but I forgot my camera that night.) He finished the night with some cotton candy...unsure at first, but loved it in the end.

-Peeing in the potty is becoming very easy. It doesn't take him any time at all to go right away. We let him sit on the potty before nap and before his bath at night.

I know there is more that he is doing, and now that I am "practically thirty," I better start writing it all down, so that I can share it with everyone.

I'll share what is going on with the big people in the house in another post, maybe tomorrow!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Argh! I knew there was something that I was supposed to do...send you the pics I took of Will at the fair! Sorry! I'll do it when we get back from camp!
Signed,
Your friend who is almost always delinquent (Amy)