Thursday, August 19, 2010

24 week update

Alot has happened since I last posted, but I'll just give you the highlights! Several months ago we took Will to a rodeo. He loved it so much. It even lasted almost 3 hours, and he sat still through the entire thing. He went to the bathroom one time. I think he enjoyed watching the bucking broncos the most though. However, we saw almost every event: calf roping, steer wrestling, barrell racing, team roping, and of course the bronc riders. Since then, not many days go by that Will is not galloping with his stick horse back and forth through the house with his cowboy hat on. Sometimes he carries his rope with him, but his favorite thing to do is "buck off." This is when he hits the floor and everything goes flying. He loves it!


Monday I was officially 24 weeks along with baby Lauren. Yes, that's the official first name. The middle name is still up for argument...I mean...negotiation. I had an exam yesterday, and my tummy is measuring right at 24-25 weeks, so that's good! I passed my glucose test, too. NO DIABETES!!!! However, like last time, I think I may be a bit anemic. It's a bummer, but Will and I came through it alright last time. Other than that, everything seems to be going along just fine for our little gal. We just about have her little spot ready for her in our room, but there's still some shoppin' left for sure. We are looking forward to her arrival with anticipation (and a little anxiety on my part). Will simply can not wait and does not understand why it is taking so long. I think he is going to do really well.


Finally, we just celebrated 8 years of marriage. We had breakfast together at home and lunch at Daddy's office. Since we planned to be gone that night, Will really enjoyed spending some extra time with us. We got a sitter and left early around 4:30 and headed to Richmond for dinner. The place we ate at was an Italian place right on the Marina. It was quiet, delicious, and not too pricey!! After a stroll down the dock of the marina, we then began our trek south for some Marble Slab ice cream. It's the only one that is relatively close by, and since our first date was at a MS in TX, we thought it might be worth the drive...and it was! We drove 160 miles round trip, but that's ok since we don't get much time to just talk. I'm so thankful for J and all his hard work as a husband and a daddy, and I look forward to what the LORD leads us to after this CPA test is done. By the way, the big day is next Friday. Stay tuned for results...probably mid-September. Hugs to ALL Y'ALL!!

No comments: