Monday, April 27, 2009

"I was runnin'..."

So I forgot to tell everyone that I started running after school started in February. I started by running for 2 minutes and walking for 4 for 30 minutes, and slowly but surely I increased my running time and decreased my walking time. So today I finished my 10 week training program, and now I can run for 30 minutes straight without stopping...unless of course there is an unbarable cramp!! I am so excited! Who knew that I could do this, I sure did not when I started. It's funny, because when I started, my goal was to loose 20 more pounds, but I've actually gained 4!! It is really frustrating, and I know some of it is muscle, but surely not all of it is. Anyway, I need to realize that just b/c I'm running, that doesn't mean I can eat anything. Hopefully I can learn to balance my diet again with my exercise. In the mean time...I love running...everyone should try it!!!