We are really enjoying this time of celebrating the birth of Jesus. We have been telling Will all about Jesus, where He was born, who His parents were, and how Christmas is a celebration of His birth...a birthday party. He seems to be really grasping it...as well as a 2 year old can anyway. He loves to talk about Jesus and go to church. How awesome! Therefore...we have decided that Santa Claus is not going to be a figure that we acknowledge during this season. It is much more important that Will get to know who Jesus is than Santa...whom he can never have a relationship with. It is terrible how our culture has allowed this jolly man to take the spotlight away from our Savior. Call it traditional, but we think it is best for our family!
Our house is decorated and feels very warm and Christmasy!! And I've been doing so much shopping..mostly for Will and Jeremy. I hope to finish within the next week, since my sister will be here then. Looking forward to that big time. We are going to try to sneak away to the city (SF) for some sister time while Jeremy and Will go shopping; that will be fun! We've got some other fun things planned to do while she is here too: eat at Cheesecake Factory and a local pizza joint (not on the same night!!), go bowling, drive around looking at Christmas lights, and go to a local church that has lit up their entire church and parking lot with lights, music, and treats!!! We missed the company Christmas party since Will was sick...he's feeling better now though. And this Sunday night, we will have a special Christmas dinner with our best buds, Greg and Amy. Then, we plan to go to our church's Pageant. I hear it is going to be wonderful.
What a blessing to celebrate this time of year with family and friends! May you and yours join with our family in glorifying His Name, Jesus, this Season!!
Nathan 14 months
14 years ago


1 comment:
I am glad to hear that other families share the same view. The older I got and the more I read the bible and grew in Christ,the more I didn't understand how far Christians take the Santa Clause tradition, making the day more about presents and our happiness, then celebrating and Sharing about Christ. anywho - miss you guys!
Post a Comment